A series of different causes led to the tyre failures at Silverstone:
– We didn’t know the cars would be driving that fast.
– Uneven wear caused by too much turning right.
– The teams repeatedly put new wheels onto the cars too quickly.
– Excessive braking, accelerating and swerving about.
– Extremely sharp leaves on track.
– Failure to proceed to approved Pirelli stockist upon kerbing tyres
– We were asked to make shit tyres. Stop fucking complaining when the tyres are indeed shit.
A FOLLOW UP STATEMENT FROM PAUL HEMBERY
Oh God, I’m so sorry. Forget all that, forget I spoke. It’s not you, it’s me.